The Compass Evaluation includes specific questions to assess how well secondary schools offer personal guidance to students. This ensures a thorough evaluation of Gatsby Benchmark 8.
These questions guide schools in aligning their practices with the benchmark’s principles, ensuring students receive tailored support for their career journeys.
Gatsby Benchmark 8 focuses on “Personal Guidance.” The Compass evaluation has questions that would likely ask how well a school provides specific career guidance to children and young people. Some potential questions could be:
- How do you provide personalised career guidance to students to help them make informed study and career choices?
- Describe the qualifications and training of your careers advisers who offer personal guidance to students.
- Can you provide examples of individualised sessions where advisers explore students’ interests, strengths, and aspirations?
- How do you ensure that personal guidance is inclusive and supportive of students with Special Educational Needs (SEN)?
- Describe any resources, tools, or platforms you use to enhance the effectiveness of personal guidance sessions.
- How do personal guidance sessions align with the overall careers planning programme and curriculum?
- Can you share student success stories of who benefited from the personalised guidance in choosing a career provided by your institution?
How do you measure the impact of personal guidance on students’ career readiness and informed decision-making?